Monday, March 24, 2008

Autumwood Banjo Début




Well, with Great Gratitude and Thanks I would like to Thank our Dear friend and Resident at Autumnwood Hospital Harold L. Smith for his prayers and encouragement to play banjo. Since we have been singing at Autumwood he and I struck up a great friendship. Harold told me “I played anything with strings on it.” Including banjo. He told me how he was a Nazarene Pastor and later in life how he and his wife had a “Nursing Home” Ministry. He told me you need to get going on that banjo and play it because it will add to your and Raymond’s Ministry!!” Then he said “I and my wife are going to get busy and pray.” Wow!!! And I believe they have!!! I can’t tell you it is like The Lord has given me a wild fire to play!!! I hear banjo music in my head as I am walking around just doing my daily chores at home!!!! I have been soooo blessed!!! Prayer has worked for my banjo playing!!! Harold and his wife Orpha got the ball just a movin’!! Before that for 4 years I have been a banjo wanna be trying and very discouraged now I have new hope, life and new music!!!! You know most people relate banjo music with "that's too twangie of music" but I truly believe The Lord is going to help me to make it lovely for Him!!!! Another Harold L. Smith Thank You--- Harold had his son Davis E. Smith, bring us 2 of the pieces of music he wrote to honor The Lord. One is named “The Other Side” (1984 D.E. Smith Publications Copyright) it was arranged by his son David.The other Harold wrote was named “Thanks” (Copyright D.E. Smith Publications U.S.A.)also arranged by his son David E. Smith. What a honor and joy it will be when we learn these songs and sing them and tell the story about Harold and Orpha’s prayers for me to play the banjo as I am playing Harold’s Wonderful Written songs on the banjo!!!! NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD!!! (Which it seemed impossible for me to play the banjo!!!) Thank You Harold and Orpha and all other’s that may have prayed for me to play banjo!!! With Much Love and appreciation, Susan L. Bugg and Raymond too!!!
One week later. Praise The Lord!!! I am soo happy I debuted my banjo when I did because now our dear brother and friend Harold L. Smith has gone home with The Lord. I am sooo happy to have met him !!! From his quick reaction to his wife "lets get busy and pray," he has inspired me to always be prepared to pray and encourage!!! Harold encouraged me even the last time I saw him here on this earth!!! I truly believe from all his friends and families stories of what a wonderful man he was he inspired many, many people to follow The Lords leading and be a light to the WORLD!!! What a honor and a privilege to know him!!!! God is soooo good!!!

No comments: